HR Assistant / HR Officer
Sector:HR & Training
Region : Yorkshire & Humberside
Salary: £22,000 - £28,000
Job Ref.: 38671122
Job InformationWe are working with a growing education business and they are recruiting for a HR Assistant to join the business ASAP. The role is a contract role (initially 3 months), but may also be extended and/or go permanent. For this role they are looking at either HR Assistant level, or HR Officer level (the role would be enhanced for more experienced HR individuals).
Ideally candidates will have experience within the education sector (or similar) and have exposure to a Unionised environment - although this is not essential.
Candidates will need to be immediately available or on a short notice period to be suitable for this role, as the role is to start ASAP.
Reporting into the Head of HR, the role will be supporting on all areas of day to day HR administration and support for 1 site - c125 employees. Key duties will include;
• HR administration and updating / maintaining employee records
• DBS and pre-employment checks
• Recruitment administration, including managing the recruitment tracker, advertising roles and managing applications
• Dealing with day to day HR queries from the business
• Supporting on updating HR policies and procedures
• Updating and sending our HR contracts and letters
• Liaison with Unions
• Queries around Occupational Health
• Supporting managers with 1st line ER queries - sickness and attendance policies, day to day performance issues etc
• Assisting on a case load of ER matters
For this role candidates will need to have previous experience within HR and be confident dealing with day to day generalist HR areas.
The role is initially on a contract / temp basis, but may well go permanent - so a good opportunity to work in a busy and fast paced environment.
Candidates will need to be confident, personable and able to work independently.
For more information, please apply on-line and a consultant from Cameron James will be in touch ASAP.