Purchase Ledger Administrator
Region : East Midlands
Salary: £18,000 - £20,800
Job Ref.: VCPLA
Job InformationWorking in partnership with a local company who buy and supply to the building, plumbing and timber merchant trade, I have an excellent opportunity for a Purchase Ledger Administrator to work within a friendly and supportive Purchase Ledger team. After training, the role will initially be ‘Working from Home’ with the view to returning to the office environment, based on the outskirts of Leicester, once safe and advised to do so, in line with government guidelines.
In this role you will be part of a very Purchase Ledger Team, and you will be require to accurately maintain supplier accounts, as allocated, where attention to detail and accuracy is paramount within all your daily responsibilities, along with excellent communication skills.
As the Finance Assistant you will be accountable for:
• For all allocated supplier accounts; which include any received in Excel to be reconciled each month, all top accounts to be reconciled every month and reconcile remainder every 90 days, as determined by the section’s rota.
• Liaise with suppliers to ensure outstanding queries are resolved
• Liaise with members to ensure outstanding queries are repaid
• Proactively work on debit notes over 90 days in order to achieve the team KPI’s
• Prepare analysis required for supplier meetings, as necessary
• Be able to present an overview of the company to suppliers in meetings, as required
• Any other duties which may arise through this position
• Internally you will be able to create productive working relationships with all staff.
• Externally possess the ability to develop and maintain relationships to a high standard with all suppliers as required
• Have the ability to set your ow dimensions and decision making
• Analyse and identify improvements to transaction handing and work closely with the Finance team to implement effectively
• In conjunction with the Finance Manager, ensure that all regulatory requirements are met in an accurate and timely fashion
Essential requirements for this role:
• GCSEs A to C (Including Maths & English) or equivalent
• Good telephone skills and a personable manner
• Ability to think creatively
• Excel proficient to macro level
• Proficient IT skills to enable remote working
• Experience of Navision would be an advantage
Specific work experience required to fulfil the role:
• Pleasant and confident personality
• Action a high volume of customer queries
• Computer literature – Microsoft Office in particular
• Previous experience within a busy purchase ledger environment would be a
• distinct advantage
• Good communication skills
Working hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday. You will receive a salary of up to £20,800 per annum depending on your experience, along with 20 days holidays plus bank holidays, increasing with service. Company pension scheme after 3 month probation period.
For further information or to apply please send your CV via the link in the advert or send your CV to Vikki Callanan at Cameron James. If you have been successfully shortlisted someone from Cameron James will be in touch. Thank you.