Sector:HR & Training
Region : Yorkshire & Humberside
Job Ref.: 45385168
Reporting To: Human Resources Manager
Working for an industrial chemical group, based in Yorkshire, that has focused on the manufacture of inorganic chemicals and winemaking products for more than a century employing more than 1200 people across 15 countries.
To assist the Human Resources Manager to ensure legal compliance and best practice HR processes and procedures are in place and maintained.
Demonstrate the ability to identify and report problems. Assist in actions for continuous improvement.
Be flexible in your approach to duties in accordance with the requirements of the business.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
CIPD Level 5
2-3 years' relevant experience preferably from a manufacturing or industrial background
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process
- Create and implement effective on-boarding plans
- Assist in performance management processes
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Maintain all employee records according to policy and legal requirements
- Assist in general administrative duties required for the department and business
- Organise and schedule training courses, sessions and activities as appropriate and maintain all training records as necessary
- Ensure all employee records are legally compliant and in accordance with the relevant Data Protection regulations in force
- Assist in the preparation of employee data for payroll
- Be flexible in your approach to any other duties in accordance with the needs of the business
JOB FUNCTION COMPETENCIES
Safety, Health & Environment
- For self and others, ensure compliance to all relevant Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental regulations, legislation and Company requirements without exception.
- Work with and support your own as well as other departments within the business in order to achieve departmental and organisational objectives.
- Communicate clearly and concisely to others, whether written or verbal, in order that expectations are understood.
- Take an active interest in personal development, recognising your own strengths and weaknesses and areas for improvement.
- Routinely manage your workload and ensure actions are completed within the required timescales.
- Maintain excellent standards of housekeeping at all times.
- Report any concerns to your line manager without delay.
- For self and others, ensure compliance with all internal processes and procedures and routinely identify and implement document review as and when necessary to ensure appropriateness and effectiveness.
- Seek and respond to feedback.
- Respect and support the decisions and work of colleagues.
- Admit failure or mistake openly without apportioning blame elsewhere.
Practice business relationships that are based on responsibility and on long-term and mutual interests to all stakeholders, respecting the following core values.