Region : Greater London
Location: London - Mayfair
Salary: c50k Negotiable DOE, + Bonus, Pension 20% none
Job Ref.: DAR 7473a
Job InformationFinancial Accountant – Location – Mayfair, London (Flexible Working available)
Basic Salary c50k negotiable DOE,+ excellent benefits including incentive plan bonus, non-contributory pension (20%), 6 x life insurance and private medical insurance
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join our client, a highly successful, specialist, independent, chartered insurance broking firm in the heart of the West End of London, as the company’s Financial Accountant.
Our client was established over 70 years ago, is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and was one of the first firms to be awarded the status of corporate Chartered Insurance Brokers by the Chartered Insurance Institute. The company utilises Microsoft applications including SharePoint and the Open GI broker management system.
The Finance team currently consists of two members and this new, additional role is designed to allow the Finance Director more time to devote to strategic planning, client money and statutory audits, and regulatory compliance.
There is Excellent career development with this position which would include the potential to join the Board as Associate Director.
Overview of the role
· Prepare and assist with the presentation of high quality, timely financial reports and information.
· To assist with ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the Company’s financial systems and related Internal controls.
· To assist with day-to-day FCA regulatory compliance.
· Qualified / Newly Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA accountant.
· Strong academic background with good ‘A’ levels or equivalent. Honours degree preferable.
· Excellent, up-to-date accounting knowledge.
· High degree of proficiency with Microsoft applications including Office 365 and Windows 10.
· Insurance industry experience preferred but not essential.
Personal Competencies and Characteristics
· Excellent numeracy, organisational and communication skills.
· Self-starter who is able to manage workload and deliver high standards with minimal supervision.
· Good attention to detail, strong work ethic and high level of concentration.
· Good time management skills enabling tight deadlines to be met.
· Dedicated to providing quality, error-free work.
· Honesty, integrity and discretion maintained at all times.
· Pro-active, driven and enthusiastic.
· To produce management and financial accounts, budgets, forecasts, strategic plans, cash flow analysis and FCA returns with a high degree of accuracy in a timely manner.
· To critically review financial performance against budget and prior year in order to provide greater insight into variances at senior management and Board level.
· To assist with month end procedures ensuring all receipts and payments are allocated prior to system close and to ensure that monthly reports including client money calculations, commission and interest transfers are delivered and processed in a timely manner.
· To oversee the work of a more junior Finance Assistant. This encompasses the monthly reconciliation of client and office bank accounts, weekly payment of supplier invoices, periodic settlement of client refunds, and monthly reconciliation and settlement of insurer statements.
· To provide treasury support and oversee banking procedures, ensuring that all necessary financial and regulatory controls are in place, and bank accounts are reviewed and reconciled on a daily basis.
· To liaise with Group tax and payroll teams to ensure the payment of monthly PAYE/NI liabilities to HMRC, the settlement of quarterly corporation tax payments on account and the submission and settlement of other tax returns such as PAYE settlement agreements and PIID forms.
· To liaise with external auditors and assist in the preparation of papers / resolve queries relating to statutory, client money and insurer audits.
· To ensure that the day-to-day controls relating to the Company are working effectively. To report regularly on the checks undertaken, together with an assessment of the results of those checks, recommending and implementing agreed improvements.
· To maintain day-to-day accountability for on-going FCA regulatory compliance, including submission of quarterly FCA returns, calculation and payment of regulatory fees, administration of the complaints and breaches logs.
· To produce monthly credit control reports and assist account handlers with chasing of debts.
· To produced monthly outstanding renewal lists and ensure policies are being renewed in a timely manner.
· To undertake other ad hoc assignments as identified by the Finance Director.
If you wish to apply for this position or for a confidential discussion regarding the role please complete the link and David Helliwell from Cameron James Professional recruitment will be in contact with you