Experienced Commercial Underwriter
Region : Yorkshire & Humberside
Salary: Up to £30,000 + Excellent Benefits
Job Ref.: CJRDB070715
Job InformationOur well respected insurance client is seeking a Commercial Underwriter to join their successful and growing team based in Leeds.
You would support the achievement of the business unit's income and profit objectives by managing the technical performance and income development of allocated cover holder and bespoke broker arrangements.
• Maintain a Technical Quality Monitoring programme in conjunction with allocated delegated authority cover holders that incorporates local quality management, file audit, underwriting licensing and competency assessment
• Contribute to the profitable development of regional commercial business, by case underwriting new business risks and actively managing renewals.
• Developing and supporting the commercial account by engaging and encouraging senior relationships with new and existing regional brokers.
• Underwrite on a case-by-case basis, new and renewal, Commercial business, maintain and endeavour to exceed agreed service levels to both internal and external customers and maintain an accurate audit trail.
• Provide the Regional Underwriting Manager with management information, as and when required, detailing the technical underwriting and financial performance of allocated delegated authority cover holders and bespoke broker facilities.
• Act as a point of contact for requests for technical assistance when Regional Manager unavailable
• Underwrite individual risk referrals within the scope of the individual's underwriting licence, referring to a more senior authority holder where necessary.
• Maintain effective personal relationships with allocated brokers
• Undertaking account performance reviews in conjunction
• Provide peer support and technical guidance to underwriting colleagues where required
The ideal candidate will have strong commercial underwriting background with exposure to most classes of commercial insurance, with a strong bias towards Property and Liability risks. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business in the region and establish yourself as a senior member of the team and a vital support for the Regional Manager.